A rare and distinctive brand of car
In 1969, the second Trident model was announced being the ‘Venturer’. Powered by the Ford 3.0-litre Essex V6, it had a top speed of a 120mph, and a competitive 0-60mph time of 8.0 seconds. Using a Triumph TR6 chassis and featuring independent coil suspension for both front and rear wheels.
This is one of 49 cars ever built and there must be even less on the road now and based on the designs of Carrozzeria Fissore. Now the club advises there are 19 on the roads and that’s of all models so probably only a handful of Venturers. Trident Cars Limited has its origins established in Ipswich, Suffolk.
The last long-term previous owner was active member of the Trident Car Club and looked after the vehicle impeccably..
There are 2 packed lever arch files of history but here are some of the main points
- 1994 Bearings
- 1996 Screen
- 1997-8 Body off restoration , respray, new wood, carpets (documented with some photos)
- 2008 rear hub assembly and Gearbox recon
- 2009 Diff recon and driveshaft
- 2010 headlamp, slave cylinder, centre exhaust, engine replacement & work
- 2011 Rear Springs
- 2012 Alternator
- 2013 Exhaust, Recut and seat pistons and valves
- 2014 Brakes and wipers
- 2015 Steering rack and battery
- 2016 Significant Chassis repairs
- 2019 Wheel hub, tracking and electrics